Amended returns

  • 0

Question: After I filed my tax return, I discovered an error. How do I fix it?

Answer: Oversights and errors are not uncommon, so the IRS provides a way for you to correct them. You can correct your return for up to three years after you file your original return by filing an “amended” return with the IRS.

You need to tell the IRS why you are correcting the return, and include the appropriate documentation with your amended return.

If you’ve discovered income or deductions that you should have reported on your income tax return, give us a call. We can help you set the record straight and pay only the tax actually due.



All stories by: speakeasy

Comments are closed.