• 0

Question: What if I can’t file my return on time?

Answer: April 15* is the tax filing deadline for most individual income tax returns. If you can’t complete your tax return by then, file Form 4868 with the IRS to give yourself up to six additional months to complete your return.

Caution: Form 4868 only extends your filing deadline; it does not extend your tax payment deadline. If your tax is not paid in full by April 15, you’ll face interest and penalties on the balance owed.

* When April 15 falls on a Sunday or legal holiday, the deadline for filing is moved to the next business day.



All stories by: speakeasy

Comments are closed.